Power Assure Goes Belly Up
Power Assure, a data center infrastructure management (DCIM) company, has been dissolved, reports Data Center Knowledge.
The Santa Clara, Calif. company ran out of enough liquidity to continue operating, according to the company’s CTO Clemens Pfeiffer.
Power Assure focused on monitoring power consumption of individual IT equipment and server racks within data centers. In July, it announced an update to its PAR4 Measurement System, which combined some equipment from Universal Electric.
Earlier this year, Pfeiffer penned a column for Energy Manager Today, touting the concept of load balancing to distribute workload across many computer servers.
An analyst with IDC told Data Center Knowledge that the DCIM market is still in its nascent phase and Power Assure may have been ahead of its time.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash