Power Assure Updates PAR4 Measurement System for IT Equipment
Power Assure unveiled its latest update to its PAR4 Measurement System, an integrated test environment to measure actual idle and peak power consumption of individual IT equipment and IT racks. The update combines the STARLINE Plug-In Raceway and power monitor meters from Universal Electric with Power Assure’s measurement system to place equipment to the right rack and location in a data center without risk of overloading circuits but maximizing the amount of equipment placed into each rack.
The companies’ mutual customers will benefit from being able to accurately place equipment in the data center with a solution that can be self-adopted to any circuit type from single phase 120V to 3-Phase dual power circuits with various connectors to servers and racks that can be changed without the need for electricians.
When selecting a new generation of server to provision, IT typically uses performance indicators based on processing capacity expressed in transactions per second, says Power Assure. However, the energy consumption can differ significantly between equipment with similar performance characteristics and capabilities or between different generations of IT equipment.
Many data centers operate with standard rack configurations. In these cases, racks are pre-configured and populated with a standard set of servers and other devices to a standard “total rack” design. Therefore data center operators are interested in establishing the power consumption profile of the entire rack. The mobile PAR4 Measurement System and the PAR4 software have been designed to allow for either a single machine or, by using a double set of parts of the equipment, an entire rack to be PAR4 tested.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management