Power Developer Hires Panasonic under Ontario’s FIT Program
Petawawa Renewable Power Corporation, a developer of Ontario renewable energy projects, signed a full engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contract with Panasonic Eco Solutions Canada. Panasonic will build three 500 kWac/600 kWdc groundmount PV projects in Ontario under the Ontario Power Authority (OPA)/Feed-in-Tariff (FIT) programs. Panasonic Eco Solutions expects to start construction this summer.
The three projects stem from the FIT 3.0/3.5 program.
Petawawa’s wind and solar projects have won long-term energy supply contracts with the OPA. The company’s development portfolio totals over 56 MW in Ontario.
Panasonic Eco Solutions Canada is currently engaged in a number of rooftop and groundmount projects in the province, including a recently completed 6 MWdc solar groundmount project in Coboconk, Ontario.
Petawawa’s FIT solar projects are located a short distance north of downtown Toronto. Here, the company’s subsidiary solar project partnerships have collaborated with a Odawa group First Nation in the ownership of ground-based projects.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Let's Do The Math for DR