Power Management Integrated Circuit ‘Harvests Energy’
Spansion has a new family of power management integrated circuits (PMICs) for energy harvesting that can eliminate the need for, or extending the life of, batteries in a multitude of electronic devices.
Energy harvesting is the process of capturing and storing energy from ambient sources – including light, vibration and temperature changes – and converting this energy to electricity to be used in place of or to supplement battery power.
The Spansion Energy Harvesting family includes a low-power buck PMIC with dual input that enables efficient harvesting from both solar and vibration energy; and a low-voltage boost PMIC that enables energy harvesting from both solar and thermal.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The Sustainable Edge™
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- LG Electronics: Enhancing customer Experience through Sustainability
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Dawn of the Building Performance Era