Power Management Integrated Circuit ‘Harvests Energy’
Spansion has a new family of power management integrated circuits (PMICs) for energy harvesting that can eliminate the need for, or extending the life of, batteries in a multitude of electronic devices.
Energy harvesting is the process of capturing and storing energy from ambient sources – including light, vibration and temperature changes – and converting this energy to electricity to be used in place of or to supplement battery power.
The Spansion Energy Harvesting family includes a low-power buck PMIC with dual input that enables efficient harvesting from both solar and vibration energy; and a low-voltage boost PMIC that enables energy harvesting from both solar and thermal.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- It's Time for Today's EHS and Sustainability Professionals to Embrace Big Data
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- There’s Money in the Trash
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2015 Insider Knowledge