Power Management System Delivers AC/DC for Medical Carts
To make mobile medical carts more powerful, Hoffman Engineered Systems has introduced the 451 Hybrid Power Management System.
The system accepts any battery technology and converts the battery’s DC power into AC and DC outputs, allowing the system to operate electronic devices without converters, inverters or adapters.
To accelerate battery charging, the 451 system provides 450 watts of power to charge any size battery with 25 amps of output, optimizing run times and extending battery life. The 451 delivers more mobility for healthcare electronics by providing a minimum 12-hour run time.
The power management system is available for manufacturers of mobile medical carts and as a retrofit package for medical carts that are presently in operation. If AC output is not required, the 451 is also available as a DC-only system.
To ensure the safety of patient data, the system warns the user several times as the battery approaches full discharge, and then performs an automatic shutdown that preserves information.
The 451 system accepts all existing battery chemistries including lithium iron phosphate and sealed lead acid. To accommodate any future battery chemistries, Hoffman Engineered Systems provides an update to the charging tables in the system’s battery charging software.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- There’s Money in the Trash
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity