Power Plant Additions, Retirements Tracked
The Electric Power Monthly reports calculate the effects on total capacity by fuel and technology type, on a state-by-state basis.
Maps make it easier to see the concentration of new solar generation in the Southwest, natural gas generators in Texas and the Atlantic Coast, and wind generators in the Plains region that are expected to come online between December 2013 and November 2014.
A monthly survey prompts respondents for updates to plans for new builds, modifications, or retirements during the 12 months leading up to the expected change. EIA also follows trade press announcements and third-party tracking services to identify potential planned generators to include in the data collection process.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds