Power Purchase Agreements Put Google on EPA’s Green Power List
Google has been added to the US Environmental Protection Agency’s National Top 100 list of Green Power Partners. At No. 6 on the list, Google is using more than 737 million kilowatt-hours of green power annually, the bulk of which is supplied by two 20-year bundled Power Purchase Agreements.
Intel Corporation continues to top the list, using green power to cover 100 percent of its electricity load. Also new to the Top 100 list are: Steelcase (No. 45); US Department of the Treasury (No. 87); Samsung Electronics (No. 89); Chicago Park District (No. 93); University of Missouri (No. 95); and the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (No. 97).
Green Power Partners debuting on other Top Lists include:
Top 30 Retail List: Levi Strauss (No. 17); Backcountry.com (No. 29); Coldwater Creek /20 Stores (No. 30)
Top 30 College & University List: University of Missouri (No. 16)
Top 30 On-site Generation List: Google (No. 21); Heartland Community College (No. 26); City of Ann Arbor, MI (No. 30)
Top 30 Local Government List: Arlington County, VA (No. 26)
Top 30 Tech & Telecom: Google (No. 3)
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management