PowerSecure Provides Record Level of Load Relief
PowerSecure says it was called on by utilities 171 times during January 2014 to take a total of 1,283 MW off the grid and onto generator power to insure the reliable supply of electricity during the extreme cold. This represents a 99 percent increase in activity compared to the number of generator systems that were called on by customers in January 2013, and an all-time January monthly record for PowerSecure.
In addition to providing demand flexibility for its utility customers, PowerSecure’s distributed generation systems also provided emergency backup power to support 142 power outages totaling 9,812 minutes in January.
In total, PowerSecure’s distributed generation solutions were utilized by customers for load relief or backup power in 20 states during January 2014.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase