PowerSecure Provides Record Level of Load Relief
PowerSecure says it was called on by utilities 171 times during January 2014 to take a total of 1,283 MW off the grid and onto generator power to insure the reliable supply of electricity during the extreme cold. This represents a 99 percent increase in activity compared to the number of generator systems that were called on by customers in January 2013, and an all-time January monthly record for PowerSecure.
In addition to providing demand flexibility for its utility customers, PowerSecure’s distributed generation systems also provided emergency backup power to support 142 power outages totaling 9,812 minutes in January.
In total, PowerSecure’s distributed generation solutions were utilized by customers for load relief or backup power in 20 states during January 2014.
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- 2013-20114 Winter Polar Vortex
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement