PowerSecure Provides Record Level of Load Relief
PowerSecure says it was called on by utilities 171 times during January 2014 to take a total of 1,283 MW off the grid and onto generator power to insure the reliable supply of electricity during the extreme cold. This represents a 99 percent increase in activity compared to the number of generator systems that were called on by customers in January 2013, and an all-time January monthly record for PowerSecure.
In addition to providing demand flexibility for its utility customers, PowerSecure’s distributed generation systems also provided emergency backup power to support 142 power outages totaling 9,812 minutes in January.
In total, PowerSecure’s distributed generation solutions were utilized by customers for load relief or backup power in 20 states during January 2014.
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- Harness the Value of Big Data to Build Smarter Infrastructures
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing