PowerSecure Provides Record Level of Load Relief
PowerSecure says it was called on by utilities 171 times during January 2014 to take a total of 1,283 MW off the grid and onto generator power to insure the reliable supply of electricity during the extreme cold. This represents a 99 percent increase in activity compared to the number of generator systems that were called on by customers in January 2013, and an all-time January monthly record for PowerSecure.
In addition to providing demand flexibility for its utility customers, PowerSecure’s distributed generation systems also provided emergency backup power to support 142 power outages totaling 9,812 minutes in January.
In total, PowerSecure’s distributed generation solutions were utilized by customers for load relief or backup power in 20 states during January 2014.
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software