PowerSecure Provides Record Level of Load Relief
PowerSecure says it was called on by utilities 171 times during January 2014 to take a total of 1,283 MW off the grid and onto generator power to insure the reliable supply of electricity during the extreme cold. This represents a 99 percent increase in activity compared to the number of generator systems that were called on by customers in January 2013, and an all-time January monthly record for PowerSecure.
In addition to providing demand flexibility for its utility customers, PowerSecure’s distributed generation systems also provided emergency backup power to support 142 power outages totaling 9,812 minutes in January.
In total, PowerSecure’s distributed generation solutions were utilized by customers for load relief or backup power in 20 states during January 2014.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity