PPL Electric Posts Updated Price to Compare
PPL Electric Utilities has posted its price to compare for customers who rely on the utility to purchase electric supply on their behalf. Effective June 1, the new price to compare for residential customers will be 7.393 cents per kilowatt-hour (down from the current 7.878 cents/kWh). The price to compare for small business customers will be 6.593 cents per kilowatt-hour (a decrease from 7.731 cents/kWh).
The company, which provides electric delivery service to more than 1.4 million homes and businesses in Pennsylvania, reminds its customers that:
• They may be able to get a cheaper price by shopping for their energy supply;.
• Competitive suppliers may offer better prices; and
• The price to compare will be posted one month in advance, to help customers make decisions about shopping.
Generation rates and prices to compare for residential and small business customers are adjusted every six months – June 1 and December 1 – to reflect the cost of power purchases and adjustments based on customer use during the prior period. The generation rate for large industrial customers is based on hourly market prices.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management