PPL Electric Posts Updated Price to Compare
PPL Electric Utilities has posted its price to compare for customers who rely on the utility to purchase electric supply on their behalf. Effective June 1, the new price to compare for residential customers will be 7.393 cents per kilowatt-hour (down from the current 7.878 cents/kWh). The price to compare for small business customers will be 6.593 cents per kilowatt-hour (a decrease from 7.731 cents/kWh).
The company, which provides electric delivery service to more than 1.4 million homes and businesses in Pennsylvania, reminds its customers that:
• They may be able to get a cheaper price by shopping for their energy supply;.
• Competitive suppliers may offer better prices; and
• The price to compare will be posted one month in advance, to help customers make decisions about shopping.
Generation rates and prices to compare for residential and small business customers are adjusted every six months – June 1 and December 1 – to reflect the cost of power purchases and adjustments based on customer use during the prior period. The generation rate for large industrial customers is based on hourly market prices.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds