President Nominates Bay to Lead FERC
President Obama nominated Norman Bay for commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Bay is currently the director of the Office of Enforcement at FERC, a position he has held since 2009. Previously, Bay was a Professor of Law at the University of New Mexico from 2002 to 2009.
If confirmed, Bay would take over for Cheryl LaFleur, who the President named as acting chairman in November 2013.
Last year, the President nominated Ronald Binz for the top job at FERC, but Binz withdrew after his nomination sparked strident opposition from the coal industry and conservatives.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book