President Nominates Bay to Lead FERC
President Obama nominated Norman Bay for commissioner of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC).
Bay is currently the director of the Office of Enforcement at FERC, a position he has held since 2009. Previously, Bay was a Professor of Law at the University of New Mexico from 2002 to 2009.
If confirmed, Bay would take over for Cheryl LaFleur, who the President named as acting chairman in November 2013.
Last year, the President nominated Ronald Binz for the top job at FERC, but Binz withdrew after his nomination sparked strident opposition from the coal industry and conservatives.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Getting It Right: Evaluating, Deploying EMIS Software
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement