Princeton, NRG, Others Launch Microgrid Consortium
Princeton University, NRG Energy, ICETEC Energy, Concord Engineering and the International District Energy Association have launched The Microgrid Resources Coalition to support microgrid deployment and the enhanced resilience, cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency they offer.
The MRC’s mission is to support accelerated microgrid deployment by improving the regulatory and market environment for existing and new microgrids. By being able to provide power when the grid is down, and energy savings even when the grid is operating, microgrids meet their hosts’ needs for enhanced reliability, energy savings and reduced emissions, while simultaneously delivering energy services that improve the overall efficiency of energy markets. The MRC will advocate for formal regulatory reforms that recognize and value these services, while assuring non-discriminatory access to the grid for a wide variety of microgrid configurations and business models.
Self-contained microgrids are emerging as a viable power option for users from data centers to telecom stations to single family homes, according to a study by Lux Research. While customer-owned microgrids are standard today, a new business model, Microgrid-as-a-Service, or MaaS, offers a flexible ownership structure and presents the best opportunity to capitalize on this growing market, according to Microgrids: How Business Model Innovation Will Support New Development Opportunities.
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Integrated Building Optimization
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement