Princeton, NRG, Others Launch Microgrid Consortium
Princeton University, NRG Energy, ICETEC Energy, Concord Engineering and the International District Energy Association have launched The Microgrid Resources Coalition to support microgrid deployment and the enhanced resilience, cost-effectiveness and energy efficiency they offer.
The MRC’s mission is to support accelerated microgrid deployment by improving the regulatory and market environment for existing and new microgrids. By being able to provide power when the grid is down, and energy savings even when the grid is operating, microgrids meet their hosts’ needs for enhanced reliability, energy savings and reduced emissions, while simultaneously delivering energy services that improve the overall efficiency of energy markets. The MRC will advocate for formal regulatory reforms that recognize and value these services, while assuring non-discriminatory access to the grid for a wide variety of microgrid configurations and business models.
Self-contained microgrids are emerging as a viable power option for users from data centers to telecom stations to single family homes, according to a study by Lux Research. While customer-owned microgrids are standard today, a new business model, Microgrid-as-a-Service, or MaaS, offers a flexible ownership structure and presents the best opportunity to capitalize on this growing market, according to Microgrids: How Business Model Innovation Will Support New Development Opportunities.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase