Priority Power Management Procures 1B kWh for Texas Clients
The Public Utility Commission of Texas previously approved a settlement to transition Sharyland Utility’s Brady, Celeste, Colorado City and Stanton service areas into retail electric competition. On the deadline date for Sharyland to accept new transactions for moving customers to competitive retail electricity providers, Priority Power Management says it has procured nearly 1 billion kWh of retail electricity supply for its clients in the Sharyland service territory.
In the last two months, Priority Power has procured retail electricity supply for over 100 new and existing non-residential clients made up primarily of oil and gas companies, including about 453 million kWh per year of electricity usage, which represents an estimated 27 percent of all non-residential electricity meters and 40 percent of all non-residential electricity usage in the Sharyland territory.
With this transition to competition, Sharyland will become a regulated “wires-only” company that owns, operates, and manages the transmission and distribution system.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Combined Heat and Power
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management