Prison, Hospital Send Power to California Grid
SunEdison and its affiliate TerraForm Power completed the interconnection of a 2.6 MW DC system at the Coalinga State Hospital and a 1.6 MW DC system at the Pleasant Valley State Prison. The systems were installed for the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) and California Department of State Hospitals.
SunEdison says it has installed 40 MW DC of solar at 12 different locations for the CDCR in a partnership dating back to 2006.
Energy savings are realized via a 20-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with a subsidiary of TerraForm Power, the owner of the systems. These two commercial and industrial systems represent 4.2 MW DC of the 808 MW DC in TerraForm Power’s initial portfolio following its initial public offering on July 23, 2014.
Operation and maintenance of the two solar power plants will be performed by the SunEdison Renewable Operation Center.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- BuildingIQ's Meter Processing Flow
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management