Program Finances Energy Storage/Solar Combo
ViZn Energy Systems has teamed with LFC Capital to help commercial property owners acquire solar PV systems combined with energy storage. The availability of as much as $5 million per project is expected to accelerate the deployment of ViZn’s Z20 Energy Storage System, a zinc/iron redox flow battery.
LFC Capital’s program uses a traditional operating lease with ownership options after six and seven years. LFC also encourages the use of a follow-on loan as a way to conserve cash and maintain low monthly payments throughout an extended investment period.
The ideal project size is a 50 kW to 1,000 kW solar PV installation, requiring 80 kWh to 500 kWh of energy storage.
LFC’s program, available to qualified companies in all 50 states, helps companies that cannot directly benefit from a federal tax credit, or simply want energy savings and off-balance sheet accounting without a long-term commitment to a power purchase agreement.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- There’s Money in the Trash
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management