PsomasFMG and Constellation to Develop 50 MW of Solar for Calif. Schools
Solar firm PsomasFMG and Constellation announced an agreement to develop up to 50 MW of solar distributed generation projects for California-area schools and municipalities through the end of 2015. The agreement calls for Constellation to provide financing to build, own and operate the solar power systems and sell the electricity generated by the systems to customers through power purchase agreements.
To date, four solar projects have been completed or are currently under construction in Southern California: an 878-kW system for Castaic Union School District in Valencia, a 7.6-MW portfolio of systems for Chaffey Joint Union High School District in Ontario, a 1-MW system for Keppel Union School District in Pearblossom, and a 976-kW system for the city of Palmdale.
Constellation currently owns more than 180 MW of solar installations that have been completed or are under construction for commercial, industrial and government customers throughout the United States. Of that total, the company has installed 90 MW of solar installations for school and municipal locations in California and Arizona.
Photo via Shutterstock
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Approaches to Managing EHS&S Data
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future