PsomasFMG and Constellation to Develop 50 MW of Solar for Calif. Schools
Solar firm PsomasFMG and Constellation announced an agreement to develop up to 50 MW of solar distributed generation projects for California-area schools and municipalities through the end of 2015. The agreement calls for Constellation to provide financing to build, own and operate the solar power systems and sell the electricity generated by the systems to customers through power purchase agreements.
To date, four solar projects have been completed or are currently under construction in Southern California: an 878-kW system for Castaic Union School District in Valencia, a 7.6-MW portfolio of systems for Chaffey Joint Union High School District in Ontario, a 1-MW system for Keppel Union School District in Pearblossom, and a 976-kW system for the city of Palmdale.
Constellation currently owns more than 180 MW of solar installations that have been completed or are under construction for commercial, industrial and government customers throughout the United States. Of that total, the company has installed 90 MW of solar installations for school and municipal locations in California and Arizona.
Photo via Shutterstock
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement