QA Graphics Helping NY Applebee’s Target LEED Gold
The new restaurant, which is located in the Harlem neighborhood, is expecting to be the first Applebee’s in New York City to achieve Gold certification under the US Green Building Council’s LEED program, according to franchisee Apple-Metro.
The Energy Efficiency Education Dashboard is an interactive application displayed on a 55-inch touchscreen near the restaurant’s entrance that shows what makes the building environmentally friendly and helps earn LEED credit.
Users can take a 3D tour and see a photorealistic building rendering of the exterior and interior of the restaurant. On the tour, hot spots are identified, providing information on the more than 40 green features in place. Interactive demonstrations show how some of the sustainable features work, and a checklist explains how LEED guidelines were followed. Users can test their green knowledge with a quiz, and the display also shows current weather conditions and a map of local transportation and area attractions.
QA Graphics has previously designed dashboards for Hilton Garden Inn, the city hall in Farmington Hills, Mich., and a biomass heating plant at Virginia’s Longwood University. Apple-Metro currently has another green restaurant under development in Brooklyn, NY.
GridNavigator, an energy management system provider, and Bloom General Contracting recently partnered to promote green building to GM auto dealerships throughout the US, the companies announced in November. The partners’ first joint customer was LaFontaine Automotive Group’s new Chevrolet dealership in Dexter, Mich. The dealership says it is saving $60,000 per year in energy costs from its green building investments.
GridNavigator and Bloom General Contracting are pitching design for LEED certification combined with the GridNavigator energy management system as a way for auto dealerships to align their brands with their increased inventory of energy efficient vehicles.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- Combined Heat and Power
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Energy Financing Report
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management