QA Graphics Helping NY Applebee’s Target LEED Gold
The new restaurant, which is located in the Harlem neighborhood, is expecting to be the first Applebee’s in New York City to achieve Gold certification under the US Green Building Council’s LEED program, according to franchisee Apple-Metro.
The Energy Efficiency Education Dashboard is an interactive application displayed on a 55-inch touchscreen near the restaurant’s entrance that shows what makes the building environmentally friendly and helps earn LEED credit.
Users can take a 3D tour and see a photorealistic building rendering of the exterior and interior of the restaurant. On the tour, hot spots are identified, providing information on the more than 40 green features in place. Interactive demonstrations show how some of the sustainable features work, and a checklist explains how LEED guidelines were followed. Users can test their green knowledge with a quiz, and the display also shows current weather conditions and a map of local transportation and area attractions.
QA Graphics has previously designed dashboards for Hilton Garden Inn, the city hall in Farmington Hills, Mich., and a biomass heating plant at Virginia’s Longwood University. Apple-Metro currently has another green restaurant under development in Brooklyn, NY.
GridNavigator, an energy management system provider, and Bloom General Contracting recently partnered to promote green building to GM auto dealerships throughout the US, the companies announced in November. The partners’ first joint customer was LaFontaine Automotive Group’s new Chevrolet dealership in Dexter, Mich. The dealership says it is saving $60,000 per year in energy costs from its green building investments.
GridNavigator and Bloom General Contracting are pitching design for LEED certification combined with the GridNavigator energy management system as a way for auto dealerships to align their brands with their increased inventory of energy efficient vehicles.
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection