RagingWire Data Centers Earn Energy Star
RagingWire Data Centers has earned the US Environmental Protection Agency’s Energy Star certification for its Sacramento, California and Ashburn, Virginia data center facilities. Energy Star recognition signifies that the data center buildings perform in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency.
RagingWire says its colocation facilities can face greater energy efficiency challenges than data centers designed for a single tenant, as the colocation data centers must support diverse computing environments and power densities. RagingWire overcame these challenges by successfully implementing efficiency upgrades, leveraging system wide management and monitoring with its N-Matrix Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) system, and using reclaimed water and airside and waterside economizers in its chiller plants. These efforts led to significantly improved power usage effectiveness (PUE).
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash