Rainforest Automation, Lucid Stream Energy Data Instantly
Lucid and Rainforest Automation have created an integrated solution for monitoring real-time smart meter data that requires no installation and can be turned on instantly.
Starting with 155,000 smart meters in commercial buildings in San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) territory, Lucid customers can connect Rainforest’s ZigBee wireless gateway device with BuildingOS to gain visibility into energy consumption.
The EAGLE Energy Access Gateway is a device that communicates directly with smart meters that have been equipped with ZigBee wireless capability. With plug-and-play installation, it is able to stream real-time data over the Internet to BuildingOS in minutes. With a ZigBee-enabled smart meter, facility managers no longer have to open their breaker panel or hire an electrician to install clamp-on devices to monitor the facility’s energy consumption. The EAGLE gets the data wirelessly, directly from the smart meter, and delivers it to BuildingOS.
Lucid and Rainforest have already started deployments in SDG&E territory with K-12 schools, and both are working in close collaboration to expand to other utility districts.
In late 2013, Lucid said Urjanet’s utilityCONNECT service will automate the collection and delivery of electricity, water, and natural gas billing, history, and rate-plan data for Lucid’s BuildingOS energy management platform.
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Building Energy Intelligence
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management