Rainforest Automation, Lucid Stream Energy Data Instantly
Lucid and Rainforest Automation have created an integrated solution for monitoring real-time smart meter data that requires no installation and can be turned on instantly.
Starting with 155,000 smart meters in commercial buildings in San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) territory, Lucid customers can connect Rainforest’s ZigBee wireless gateway device with BuildingOS to gain visibility into energy consumption.
The EAGLE Energy Access Gateway is a device that communicates directly with smart meters that have been equipped with ZigBee wireless capability. With plug-and-play installation, it is able to stream real-time data over the Internet to BuildingOS in minutes. With a ZigBee-enabled smart meter, facility managers no longer have to open their breaker panel or hire an electrician to install clamp-on devices to monitor the facility’s energy consumption. The EAGLE gets the data wirelessly, directly from the smart meter, and delivers it to BuildingOS.
Lucid and Rainforest have already started deployments in SDG&E territory with K-12 schools, and both are working in close collaboration to expand to other utility districts.
In late 2013, Lucid said Urjanet’s utilityCONNECT service will automate the collection and delivery of electricity, water, and natural gas billing, history, and rate-plan data for Lucid’s BuildingOS energy management platform.
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape