Raritan Combines DCIM, IT Management for Data Centers
Raritan’s new data center infrastructure management (DCIM) connector for ServiceNow is generally available. Raritan is a ServiceNow Integration Partner.
The company says by tying the management of the physical data center via DCIM to the general IT management framework, organizations can manage the workflow involved in changing servers and infrastructure elements more effectively.
Raritan’s bi-directional DCIM connector enables ServiceNow change requests to flow seamlessly into Raritan’s DCIM change management and work order processes. As a result, users can issue change requests from ServiceNow and monitor the status of these requests – equipment adds and moves – from start to completion. The data center team has the ability to accept, modify, ask for clarification or reject change requests; then issue a detailed work order with a rack elevation image, device specifications, power and network connection details, and placement information to ensure accurate installation.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Combined Heat and Power
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles