Raritan Restructures, Spins Off DCIM Business
Raritan plans to separate its Data Center Infrastructure Management (DCIM) software business in a transaction that will result in two independent companies. Raritan will continue to focus on its Power and KVM switch products business, and Sunbird Software will become a new company to focus entirely on the DCIM market, while maintaining a strong commercial relationship with Raritan.
The completion of the proposed spin-off is subject to Raritan being purchased by Legrand, which is anticipated within 30-60 days. Until such time, Sunbird Software will operate as part of Raritan, and Raritan will continue to operate independent of Legrand.
Herman Chan, current Raritan senior vice president of marketing and general manager of DCIM, will become president of Sunbird Software.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection