Raritan Switch Provides Outlet-level Metering
Raritan, a provider of data center infrastructure management (DCIM), announced new power management capabilities for its Intelligent Rack Transfer Switch that helps data centers keep equipment operating through power failures and provides insights on energy usage and rack-equipment health.
The Intelligent Rack Transfer Switch – which uses a patent-pending hybrid design for load transfers from one power source to another – now offers outlet-level metering and power switching. Raritan says the switch is ideal for cloud computing infrastructures and data center racks filled with one-power-supply devices.
The new transfer switch can monitor power at the outlet-level, as well as the inlet-level, providing more granular energy information useful for capacity planning and managing energy costs. The transfer switch’s new secure switching capabilities enable power to a device to be turned on and off remotely.
For more visibility to the data center rack, many customers use Raritan’s DCIM software to analyze and monitor the power information gathered by the transfer switch, as well as the health of the power chain, says Raritan.
Available worldwide, the Raritan Intelligent Rack Transfer Switch offers a number of options and a range of voltage and plug types.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future