Real Time Data Changing Manufacturing
There are three ways in which real time big data analytics is changing manufacturing, according to Bill Kenworthy, who is the Director of Business Development for Direct Energy.
Kenworthy wrote at Manufacturing Business Technology that one of the changes is using real time big data analytics to create a road map to smarter energy management. It is an ongoing process: Kenworthy cites a McKinsey study that says that only one-sixth of the potential efficiencies have been realized.
Real time data analytics also can be used to improve equipment performance by continuous monitoring their operations. Finally, these new platforms can help planning and other business processes by facilitating better use of staff and revamping processes and procedures. The latter two steps will indirectly help companies achieve energy efficiency goals.
Big data also is a potent tool for building management, according to Shelley Poticha, the Director of the Natural Resources Defense Council’s Urban Solutions Program.
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds