REC Solar Acquires Stellar Energy
REC Solar has acquired Stellar Energy, a solar provider in the western US, through an asset purchase agreement.
REC Solar will continue to focus on providing solar exclusively to the commercial market, including the agricultural, manufacturing, retail, technology, nonprofit and government sectors.
As a result of the deal, REC Solar will add more than 60 MW from 62 solar projects, bringing its portfolio to over 200 MW, installed or under construction. REC Solar also picks up an additional 28 MW of operations and maintenance contracts, increasing the company’s O&M portfolio to more than 200 MW.
New clients joining the REC Solar portfolio include businesses in the agriculture, food & beverage, manufacturing, mining & energy and entertainment industries, as well as school districts and municipalities.
REC Solar will retain most of Stellar Energy’s personnel to ensure a seamless transition for Stellar’s customers. Stellar Energy President Ted Walsh will join REC Solar as vice president of business development.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles