REC Solar Adopts HelioScope Design Software
REC Solar is adopting HelioScope solar design and modeling software across its commercial business. The cloud-based software, developed by Folsom Labs, will help REC Solar standardize the sales and design process for commercial solar customers.
REC Solar says the software will help it reduce soft costs of solar, particularly in the overlooked mid-market commercial sector where solar installations range from 100 kW to 500 kW. The company says until now, transaction costs around sales, permitting and engineering have outweighed the cost savings benefits of going solar at this ‘in-between’ scale.
HelioScope combines Google Maps-integrated design tools with a physics engine to streamline workflow for system engineers. The design-driven approach enables REC Solar to quickly evaluate design alternatives (including tilt, azimuth, and choice of equipment) and find the optimal design of each array, including a full bill-of-materials and energy estimate.
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has published a report “Non-Hardware (‘Soft’) Cost-Reduction Roadmap for Residential and Small Commercial Solar Photovoltaics, 2013–2020. To help reduce the costs of solar permitting, inspection, interconnection, overhead, installation labor, customer acquisition, and financing.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement