REC Solar Adopts HelioScope Design Software
REC Solar is adopting HelioScope solar design and modeling software across its commercial business. The cloud-based software, developed by Folsom Labs, will help REC Solar standardize the sales and design process for commercial solar customers.
REC Solar says the software will help it reduce soft costs of solar, particularly in the overlooked mid-market commercial sector where solar installations range from 100 kW to 500 kW. The company says until now, transaction costs around sales, permitting and engineering have outweighed the cost savings benefits of going solar at this ‘in-between’ scale.
HelioScope combines Google Maps-integrated design tools with a physics engine to streamline workflow for system engineers. The design-driven approach enables REC Solar to quickly evaluate design alternatives (including tilt, azimuth, and choice of equipment) and find the optimal design of each array, including a full bill-of-materials and energy estimate.
The National Renewable Energy Laboratory has published a report “Non-Hardware (‘Soft’) Cost-Reduction Roadmap for Residential and Small Commercial Solar Photovoltaics, 2013–2020. To help reduce the costs of solar permitting, inspection, interconnection, overhead, installation labor, customer acquisition, and financing.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide