REC Solar Celebrates 15 Year Anniversary
Since REC Solar’s founding in 1997, the company has installed 118 MW of solar, consisting of over 8,700 installations in 16 states, ranging from California and Colorado to New Jersey and Florida. The solar installer’s customers include main street businesses, farms and ranches, government agencies including the Departments of Defense, Veterans Affairs and Agriculture, large multi-national businesses including Costco, IKEA, Nestle and DuPont, and thousands of homeowners across America.
In the past year REC Solar has installed nearly five times as many megawatts as in its first 10 years of business. The company has more than 800 employees with 17 offices in six states, and is a subsidiary of Mainstream Energy Corporation.
From the company’s first 3 KW residential installation in 1997 to the 14.53 MW utility-scale system currently under construction in Anahola, Hawaii, REC Solar’s customer base has expanded and evolved over the past 15 years. From 1997 to 2006, REC Solar installed five times as many megawatts of residential than commercial solar; today the company has installed twice as much commercial as residential solar overall.
Flagship commercial installations include:
- Government: 2.6 MW installation at Central Texas VA Medical Center in Temple, TX
- Utility: 14.53 MW KIUC project in Anahola, HI
- Retail: 1.6 MW system at IKEA in Round Rock, TX; 536 kW at Fresh & Easy in Phoenix, AZ
- Education: 2 MW at Caroline County schools in MD
- Agriculture: 1.1 MW at Castle Rock Vineyards in Delano, CA
GTM Research Analyst Andrew Krulewitz said, “The solar industry has proven highly volatile for both manufacturers and installers. Though demand for solar has grown tremendously in the past few years, the industry landscape has become increasingly competitive. We’re now seeing a shakeout of less-competitive firms at all points on the value chain.”
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- There’s Money in the Trash
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles