Redwood City Installs Energy Storage Systems
Green Charge Networks signed an agreement with Redwood City, Calif., to install its GreenStation smart-grid-enabled energy storage systems at two facilities to offset demand charges.
California is requiring its three largest utilities to install 1.3 GW of energy storage by 2020. A big motivation for enterprises is demand charges, says Green Charge Networks: over the past decade, demand charges in California have been growing by more than 7 percent annually, accounting for 50 percent of the electric bills for many institutions.
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Enterprise Internet Of Things: What Is It, and How Will It Improve Energy Management?
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls