Redwood City Installs Energy Storage Systems
Green Charge Networks signed an agreement with Redwood City, Calif., to install its GreenStation smart-grid-enabled energy storage systems at two facilities to offset demand charges.
California is requiring its three largest utilities to install 1.3 GW of energy storage by 2020. A big motivation for enterprises is demand charges, says Green Charge Networks: over the past decade, demand charges in California have been growing by more than 7 percent annually, accounting for 50 percent of the electric bills for many institutions.
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software