Refrigerator Monitors Temperatures for Pharmacy Products
Phononic introduced SilverPoint a Wi-Fi enabled temperature monitoring system, which is embedded in Phononic’s Evolve family of cold storage products: a compact refrigerator (1.8 cu. ft.); a freezer (1.8 cu. ft.); and an undercounter refrigerator (5.5 cu. ft.). In addition to the embedded firmware, cloud-based software connected via Wi-Fi provides advanced temperature monitoring options.
The SilverPoint technology is especially suited for valuable inventory such as health vaccines, for which a single exposure to freezing temperatures can destroy the product.
SilverPoint technology provides three layers of temperature monitoring:
- Local audible and visual alerts of temperature excursions, door ajar occurrences and other system events; text and email notifications of alert events;
- Integrated temperature monitoring with temperature readings recorded at regular intervals and local data extraction via a USB port for record keeping per CDC recommendations;
- Wi-Fi connectivity to a secure database providing remote access to regular temperature readings and alert events for all connected units.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles