REIT Uses EnerNOC for Utility Bill Management Across 46M Square Feet
Boston Properties, a real estate investment trust (REIT) and an owner, manager, and developer of commercial office properties in the United States, has expanded its deployment of EnerNOC’s software to include utility bill management across its entire portfolio.
As of June 30, 2014, Boston Properties’ portfolio consisted of 180 properties, comprised primarily of Class A office space, totaling about 46.6 million square feet. Boston Properties has been an EnerNOC customer since 2006.
With this deployment, the company is taking an enterprise approach to its building energy data by unlocking invoice data and complementing it with existing real-time meter data. This investment will underpin its entire reporting and benchmarking processes for greater responsiveness including integration with Energy Star, according to the company.
This expanded deployment of EnerNOC’s software will help Boston Properties improve management of the thousands of utility bills it receives each year, and provide better data to inform more accurate budget forecasts.
EnerNOC first began working with Boston Properties to optimize its energy procurement, and the relationship expanded to incorporate other energy intelligence software.
In August, Boston Properties, Healthy Planet Partners and Solaire Generation activated what the companies are calling the Northeastern United States’ largest garage-mounted solar canopy at Boston Properties’ Bay Colony in Waltham, Mass.
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Case Study: Dassault Falcon Jet Taps Intelligent LED Lighting Solutions
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Let's Do The Math for DR