REIT Uses EnerNOC for Utility Bill Management Across 46M Square Feet
Boston Properties, a real estate investment trust (REIT) and an owner, manager, and developer of commercial office properties in the United States, has expanded its deployment of EnerNOC’s software to include utility bill management across its entire portfolio.
As of June 30, 2014, Boston Properties’ portfolio consisted of 180 properties, comprised primarily of Class A office space, totaling about 46.6 million square feet. Boston Properties has been an EnerNOC customer since 2006.
With this deployment, the company is taking an enterprise approach to its building energy data by unlocking invoice data and complementing it with existing real-time meter data. This investment will underpin its entire reporting and benchmarking processes for greater responsiveness including integration with Energy Star, according to the company.
This expanded deployment of EnerNOC’s software will help Boston Properties improve management of the thousands of utility bills it receives each year, and provide better data to inform more accurate budget forecasts.
EnerNOC first began working with Boston Properties to optimize its energy procurement, and the relationship expanded to incorporate other energy intelligence software.
In August, Boston Properties, Healthy Planet Partners and Solaire Generation activated what the companies are calling the Northeastern United States’ largest garage-mounted solar canopy at Boston Properties’ Bay Colony in Waltham, Mass.
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The Sustainable Edge™
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- Johnson & Johnson: Innovating in Business by Making Sustainability Personal
- Gartner Magic Quadrant