Reliant’s ‘Power on the Go’ Retail Plan Cuts the Cord with Free Portable Power Pack
Reliant Energy Retail Services – a subsidiary of NRG that claims to provide 23 million megawatt hours (mWh) of power annually to customers nationwide – announced on March 21 that Texas residential customers who sign up for the new fixed-rate Power on the Go plan also will receive a free solar charging kit.
The plan is designed to offer homeowners a convenient way to power small electronic devices when they’re away from outlets. The complimentary $400-value portable solar kit includes a lightweight power pack with a 5,200 milliampere-hour (mAh) battery, durable 13-watt foldable solar panel, and power inverter – designed to keep tablets, phones and most laptops powered anytime, anywhere.
Reliant says the power pack’s capacity is enough to charge a phone full up to five times. Customers also receive 24/7 customer service and support online or by phone, access to energy-savings tools, and more.
“Texans lead very unique lives, but one thing we have in common is that we are busy at home, at work and on the go, and that’s why Reliant’s promise is to keep our customers powered wherever they are,” said Elizabeth Killinger, president of NRG Retail and Reliant. “The new Reliant Power on the Go plan is our latest step toward providing options that fit our customers’ lifestyles. “
To help get the word out on the new plan, Reliant recently launched its “One of a Kind” campaign, which showcases plans and services that cater to Texans from all walks of life.
“As a fourth-generation Texan, I am excited about our ‘One of a Kind’ campaign,” said Killinger, adding, “Reliant is all about being your hometown power company that anticipates your power essentials, provides you greater insight and control over your electricity, advises on how to be more energy efficient ;and delivers you convenient power solutions at home, at work and on-the-go.”
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Planning for a Sustainable Future