Report Provides Investing Info for Energy Projects Worldwide
The United Nations Foundation launched the publication “Investing for Energy Access: 2013 Directory of Investment and Funding Opportunities,” providing an overview of opportunities to invest in more than 140 companies and organizations delivering a range of decentralized energy solutions in developing countries.
The funding needs reported make up a significant and continuous pipeline of opportunities for investors, according to the report. Investing opportunities particularly abound at companies in the scaling-up phase, and much of the overall need as defined by financial product type and corresponding investment opportunity is found in energy service delivery, engineering, procurement and construction, consulting and sales and distribution.
The directory is a contribution to the Sustainable Energy for All’s objective of ensuring universal energy access by 2030. The directory reflects the results of a 2013 survey of the Energy Access Practitioner’s Network of 1,500 members in an array of developing countries, highlighting their individual and aggregated investment and financing needs, including early-stage equity and project debt as well as concessional financing – totaling some $250 million – and a range of technical assistance requirements.
The Investment Directory will be used to connect investors and donors with members of the Energy Access Practitioner Network. Respondents were drawn from a wide range of start-up and established commercial companies, social enterprises, and non-profit organizations focusing on delivering micro-grid and off-grid renewable energy solutions, as well as manufacturing and other services.
- ASSA ABLOY: Investing in Sustainability Opens the Door for Business Opportunity
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Verdantix Green Quadrant for EHS Software
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Migration to Mobile: The Evolution of EHS Management Tools
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide