Report Provides Investing Info for Energy Projects Worldwide
The United Nations Foundation launched the publication “Investing for Energy Access: 2013 Directory of Investment and Funding Opportunities,” providing an overview of opportunities to invest in more than 140 companies and organizations delivering a range of decentralized energy solutions in developing countries.
The funding needs reported make up a significant and continuous pipeline of opportunities for investors, according to the report. Investing opportunities particularly abound at companies in the scaling-up phase, and much of the overall need as defined by financial product type and corresponding investment opportunity is found in energy service delivery, engineering, procurement and construction, consulting and sales and distribution.
The directory is a contribution to the Sustainable Energy for All’s objective of ensuring universal energy access by 2030. The directory reflects the results of a 2013 survey of the Energy Access Practitioner’s Network of 1,500 members in an array of developing countries, highlighting their individual and aggregated investment and financing needs, including early-stage equity and project debt as well as concessional financing – totaling some $250 million – and a range of technical assistance requirements.
The Investment Directory will be used to connect investors and donors with members of the Energy Access Practitioner Network. Respondents were drawn from a wide range of start-up and established commercial companies, social enterprises, and non-profit organizations focusing on delivering micro-grid and off-grid renewable energy solutions, as well as manufacturing and other services.
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- 6 Steps from Getting the Most From Every Lighting Retrofit
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Act Local, Think Global: To Drive Agrifood Supply Chain Sustainability
- Energy Efficiency Ratings: Benchmarks that Drive Excellence in Building Design & Operations
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- The CFO and the Sustainability Reporting Chain
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Meeting the GHG Challenge: Reporting Solutions
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement