RES Americas Certifies Energy Storage System in Canada
Customized Energy Solutions (CES) has signed a multi-year agreement with Renewable Energy Systems Americas (RES Americas) to provide operations and dispatch support in optimizing its energy storage projects in the United States and Canada.
In addition, RES Canada, a division of RES Americas, announced final certification of the company’s second energy storage system, Amphora. RES Canada conceived, developed, and constructed the Amphora system, which it will own and operate in Central Strathroy, Ontario. The system is comprised of a +/-4 MW (8MW total range)/ 2.6MWh lithium battery that will provide a service called “frequency regulation” to Ontario’s grid operator, the Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO). Amphora will operate under a three-year agreement with the IESO.
CES will work with RES Americas on integrating this project into the Ontario energy grid.
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year