Restaurant Chain Sees 1 Year Payback of Energy Management System
The restaurant chain Not Your Average Joe’s has deployed Powerhouse Dynamics’ eMonitor energy and asset management system at its 18 locations, and the company says the system has paid for itself during its first year.
eMonitor remotely controls heating and cooling and helps identify equipment-related issues early. It analyzes every electric load in a restaurant and delivers real-time intelligence to weed out unnecessary energy spending. eMonitor can also monitor natural gas and water usage as well as temperatures and other key variables tied to energy conservation.
For Not Your Average Joe’s, eMonitor delivered savings from reduced equipment use during non-business hours, better equipment scheduling, and early identification of equipment problems. Its remote control of HVAC systems facilitated a balance between cost and guest comfort, with total first-year savings coming in at more than 10 percent of the overall energy spend.
Not Your Average Joe’s has restaurants in Massachusetts, Virginia and Maryland.
Recently, the Green Restaurant Association endorsed Powerhouse Dynamics’ eMonitor energy management system.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management