Restaurant Group Endorses eMonitor
The Green Restaurant Association has endorsed Powerhouse Dynamics’ eMonitor energy management system.
The eMonitor is designed specifically to meet the needs of small commercial operations such as restaurants and convenience stores. The eMonitor remotely controls heating and cooling systems, and monitors a building’s electrical power consumption at the equipment level. It analyzes every electric load in a facility and delivers real-time intelligence to identify such things as unnecessary off-hours usage. It also monitors natural gas and water usage as well as refrigeration temperatures and other variables. The eMonitor can be accessed via mobile devices.
Restaurants that implement a complete eMonitor system will earn 11.25 GreenPoints toward becoming a Certified Green Restaurant from the Green Restaurant Association, a national non-profit organization that provides a turnkey certification system for restaurants.
An E Source report found that almost two-thirds of the energy used in restaurants is allocated to kitchen activities compared to typical commercial buildings, where lighting and HVAC account for the majority of energy consumption.
Powerhouse Dynamics also caters to other businesses besides restaurants. In 2012, it updated the eMonitor app to include support for its commercial thermostat that enables up to 8 different set points per day, allowing managers to fine tune HVAC systems.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- LED Myths and Facts
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing