Retailer Offers 100% Solar Plan in Texas
For residential ratepayers who want their power to be supported by Texas sunshine, retail energy provider (REP) Reliant has a new solution, the 100% Solar 12 Plan – which offers a fixed electricity price for 12 months, based on solar renewable energy credits products in Texas.
A renewable energy credit (REC)—also sometimes referred to as a renewable energy certificate or green tag—represents 1 megawatt-hour (MWh) of renewable electricity generated and delivered to the power grid. By purchasing RECs, customers support clean energy and displace emissions associated with fossil fuel-powered electric generation.
The 100% Solar 12 Plan offers a one-year term, with what the NRG subsidiary describes as “an affordable price,” based on solar renewable energy credits produced in Texas to match electricity used by customers who choose this option. In the Lone Star State, more than 1.5 million customers turn to Reliant for retail electricity plans, the company claims.
“Our customers can make a difference by choosing products with a purpose, and our new plan gives them another innovative way to power their homes,” said Elizabeth Killinger, president, Reliant and NRG Retail. “We design our electricity solutions to match the unique needs of Texans, whether that’s providing competitive plans with no surprises or enabling the option to support a specific energy source. Texas is a national leader in the production of renewable energy, and Reliant has a growing set of these energy-based choices for customers who prefer them.”
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards