Competitive Green Retailer Star Energy Partners Expands to New Jersey, Pennsylvania
Akron, Ohio-based competitive green energy retailer Star Energy Partners announced on April 28 that the company has expanded its service territory to New Jersey. Residential and commercial energy consumers within the Jersey Central Power & Light (JCPL), PSEG, and Atlantic City Electric (ACE) service areas now can choose among Star’s fixed-rate options.
The company said that it anticipates that Garden State customers will enjoy several benefits when purchasing energy from Star:
- Simple Process – They will receive the same energy bill with the same utility company delivering energy to their homes and businesses.
- Price-Protection – Customers can secure a new price-protected fixed rate that does not vary with changes in the utility price-to-compare.
- Superior Service – A high level of service to all customers is just a phone call or email away.
- Referral Rewards – The opportunity to earn significant money when friends and family also switch to a Star green energy plan.
Star Energy Partners has operated in Ohio since 2012. The move into New Jersey utility service territories is part of Star’s multi-year expansion plan in the Midwest, Mid-Atlantic and Northeast.
“We are so pleased to be opening an office in Cherry Hills to better serve our customers in New Jersey and Eastern Pennsylvania,” said Star CEO Greg Craig. “We are excited to offer customers our exceptional pricing, price protection features, and our commitment to 100 percent green!”
Star Energy Partners’ green options include energy generated from renewable sources such as wind, biomass, hydro, and solar power. For every megawatt-hour (mWh) Star customers use, the company purchases Renewable Energy Credits (RECs) to support the ongoing investment in clean, renewable energy and reduced dependence on carbon-emitting fossil fuels.
“Star Energy Partners is one of the fastest-growing retail energy providers in the United States,” added Craig. “We have our customers to thank … and we are committed to making 100 percent green renewable electric power available to everyone.”
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- There’s Money in the Trash
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection