Retroficiency Remotely IDs $2.3m Potential Energy Savings for Liberty Property
The tool remotely identified 25 million kWh savings potential, across lighting, heating, cooling, controls and plug loads, using a year’s worth of electric energy interval data and an address for each building. Virtual Energy Assessment allows energy managers to identify potential savings without ever visiting a building or installing specialized hardware.
Retroficiency then prioritized the portfolio by energy savings potential and made recommendations on potential operational and capital retrofit improvements. The entire assessment was completed in less than a day, or just minutes per building.
Liberty Property Trust’s senior property manager Dennis Skelly said the analysis has already produced energy savings, but didn’t give specifics.
The trust won a 2012 Energy Star Partner of the Year award for its energy management approach and savings accomplished in 2011, including reducing its average weather normalized source energy intensity by six percent, which equates to an estimated energy savings of $1.3 million, and earning Energy Star certification for 26 buildings, for a cumulative total of 78 certified buildings representing 10.8 million square feet of space. In 2011 the company also invested more than $4.2 million to complete more than 160 energy efficiency projects.
In June, CLEAResult, a company that designs and implements utility energy efficiency programs, announced it will use Retroficiency’s Automated Energy Audit to reduce the time required to audit hundreds of buildings. The companies expect the software to cut CLEAResult’s audit expenses by 80 percent for its 200 utility programs in 25 states.
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- There’s Money in the Trash