Retrofit Market Growing Quickly
The retrofit market for commercial and public buildings is being driven by environmental concerns and efforts to counteract the impact of people on the structures, according to a report by BCC Research.
The report looks at HVAC equipment, lighting and lighting design, electricity sub-meters and green roofs. The piece found that the global market will grow from $85.1 billion last year to almost $132.3 billion in 2020. That equates to a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.2 percent. The largest segment is HVAC, which will total 98.1 billion by 2020. The fastest growing is green roofs, which will enjoy a CAGR of 18.9 percent.
A study released in October, 2015 by KRC Research and Honeywell suggest that the motivation for retrofits varies widely and that projects are difficult to execute.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Planning for a Sustainable Future