Revolution Lighting Chosen for Des Moines University LED Upgrade
Des Moines University has selected Revolution Lighting Technologies for an LED retrofit of its eight campus buildings.
The university, which is in the city of the same name in Iowa, is an osteopathic medical and health sciences institution. The buildings will be outfitted with T8 SEP LED tubes which, the company says, have a return-on-investment (ROI) of 1.5 years. The LEDs, which carry a 10-year warranty, are expected to reduce energy conspution by more than 60 percent. The expected lamp life of the T8’s, the release says, are 70,000 hours compared to 20,000 hours for the fluorescents that they are replacing.
Underwriters Laboratories recently released a warning on the safety of LED retrofits. Great care should be taken in doing retrofits or, if the organization is hiring outsiders, should be carefully assessed.
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Financing Environmental Resiliency and a Low-Carbon Future with Green Bonds
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project