Rexel Enters Energy Monitoring Business
Electrical supplies distributor Rexel UK has launched MeasureMyEnergy, a monitoring tool that allows the accurate measurement of the energy efficiency of a home, office or retail environment.
Via a web portal, MeasureMyEnergy provides data in real-time to show energy consumption as it is used. The information is displayed in graphs showing daily, weekly and monthly historical data, so fluctuations between energy generation and consumption with the related costs are clearly visible and can be compared.
There is no limit to the number of appliances or equipment that can be measured. Email and SMS alert the end user to appliances that have been left on, have been running at unplanned times of the day or have switched off unexpectedly.
Nayland Primary School in Suffolk, UK, which has installed the tool across its premises, is an example of how MeasureMyEnergy can facilitate behavior change. The sensors provide real time energy consumption figures, enabling the school to determine how efficiently appliances are running. It has also allowed the school to get the maximum benefit from the energy generated by its solar panels. The Nayland pupils can also access the tool themselves via a computer in the school reception. They can see where lights have been left on and which ones can be switched off, particularly during lunchtime or after school.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Planning for a Sustainable Future