Rexel Enters Energy Monitoring Business
Electrical supplies distributor Rexel UK has launched MeasureMyEnergy, a monitoring tool that allows the accurate measurement of the energy efficiency of a home, office or retail environment.
Via a web portal, MeasureMyEnergy provides data in real-time to show energy consumption as it is used. The information is displayed in graphs showing daily, weekly and monthly historical data, so fluctuations between energy generation and consumption with the related costs are clearly visible and can be compared.
There is no limit to the number of appliances or equipment that can be measured. Email and SMS alert the end user to appliances that have been left on, have been running at unplanned times of the day or have switched off unexpectedly.
Nayland Primary School in Suffolk, UK, which has installed the tool across its premises, is an example of how MeasureMyEnergy can facilitate behavior change. The sensors provide real time energy consumption figures, enabling the school to determine how efficiently appliances are running. It has also allowed the school to get the maximum benefit from the energy generated by its solar panels. The Nayland pupils can also access the tool themselves via a computer in the school reception. They can see where lights have been left on and which ones can be switched off, particularly during lunchtime or after school.
- 2014 Insider Knowledge Report
- Integrated Building Optimization
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Essential Guide to Lighting Retrofits and Upgrades
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement