Rexel Enters Energy Monitoring Business
Electrical supplies distributor Rexel UK has launched MeasureMyEnergy, a monitoring tool that allows the accurate measurement of the energy efficiency of a home, office or retail environment.
Via a web portal, MeasureMyEnergy provides data in real-time to show energy consumption as it is used. The information is displayed in graphs showing daily, weekly and monthly historical data, so fluctuations between energy generation and consumption with the related costs are clearly visible and can be compared.
There is no limit to the number of appliances or equipment that can be measured. Email and SMS alert the end user to appliances that have been left on, have been running at unplanned times of the day or have switched off unexpectedly.
Nayland Primary School in Suffolk, UK, which has installed the tool across its premises, is an example of how MeasureMyEnergy can facilitate behavior change. The sensors provide real time energy consumption figures, enabling the school to determine how efficiently appliances are running. It has also allowed the school to get the maximum benefit from the energy generated by its solar panels. The Nayland pupils can also access the tool themselves via a computer in the school reception. They can see where lights have been left on and which ones can be switched off, particularly during lunchtime or after school.
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Trends in Energy Management: Where Should Your Next Investment Be?
- Mobility From The Plant Floor To The Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy, and Productivity
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management