Rexel Enters Energy Monitoring Business
Electrical supplies distributor Rexel UK has launched MeasureMyEnergy, a monitoring tool that allows the accurate measurement of the energy efficiency of a home, office or retail environment.
Via a web portal, MeasureMyEnergy provides data in real-time to show energy consumption as it is used. The information is displayed in graphs showing daily, weekly and monthly historical data, so fluctuations between energy generation and consumption with the related costs are clearly visible and can be compared.
There is no limit to the number of appliances or equipment that can be measured. Email and SMS alert the end user to appliances that have been left on, have been running at unplanned times of the day or have switched off unexpectedly.
Nayland Primary School in Suffolk, UK, which has installed the tool across its premises, is an example of how MeasureMyEnergy can facilitate behavior change. The sensors provide real time energy consumption figures, enabling the school to determine how efficiently appliances are running. It has also allowed the school to get the maximum benefit from the energy generated by its solar panels. The Nayland pupils can also access the tool themselves via a computer in the school reception. They can see where lights have been left on and which ones can be switched off, particularly during lunchtime or after school.
Why bring buildings online? What information can operations teams glean from real-time data that they can’t just get from the monthly data provided by utility companies? Click to learn more.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Let's Do The Math for DR
- The Future of Operational Risk Management: The Oil & Gas and Chemicals Approach
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Energy Financing Report
- Combined Heat and Power
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management