Rezidor Hotels to Cut Energy Usage by 25%
Rezidor, a member of the Carlson Rezidor Hotel Group, has launched a group-wide energy-saving initiative – Think Planet – to reduce energy consumption 25 percent by 2016 in all Rezidor hotels across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The group is currently in 70 countries where more than 330 hotels of the brands Radisson Blu, Park Inn by Radisson and Hotel Missoni are operated, and 100 further properties are under development.
Think Planet has been developed and is driven by a specially formed, interdepartmental and cross-regional team at Rezidor, with representatives from technical services, operations, purchasing, finance, and responsible business. Think Planet’s first phase, a company-wide energy audit, resulted in a general energy action plan listing the group’s top energy priorities.
In hotel operations, Think Planet will focus on creating smart energy habits such as switching off lights and equipment, turning heating and cooling to eco-mode, and reporting energy-related issues. The basic Think Planet tools comprise daylight and motion sensors for lighting, condensation water recuperation from air-conditioning, and alarms on freezers. Investments are being made to completely move to energy efficient lighting in all hotels, install variable extraction systems in the kitchens, and optimize building management systems and HVAC installations.
According to BusinessGreen, the hotelier also will replace all its lighting in public spaces with LED bulbs by 2013. Rezidor has hired Philips to make the transition to LED as part of Think Planet. Philips will provide technical, as well as design assistance to ensure the lighting creates the appropriate hotel ambiance. In 2011, Rezidor installed LED signage in all new and refurbished hotels.
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Guide to Energy, Carbon and Environmental Software
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Expert Q and A: Tips for Automating your Energy Data
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Select the Right Solution for Facilities Management
- The Business Case for Corporate Sustainability Tools
- Evaluation Guide: Four Steps to a Successful Lighting Evaluation
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room