Risk Manager Will Warrant Energy Retrofit
Energi, a provider of risk management and insurance programs for the energy industry, will provide a warranty for energy efficiency retrofits at the Kuakini Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawai’i. Metrus Energy, an efficiency services financer, will finance and implement $5.8 million in energy upgrades at the medical center, including a new central cooling and heating plant, lighting upgrades and energy management and controls system.
Acceptable risk is an obstacle to financing many efficiency projects. Metrus will fund initial costs to construct, maintain and monitor the energy-saving improvements through its Efficiency Services Agreement. Kuakini will pay Metrus for realized energy savings once the project becomes operational. Upon completion in September, Kuakini will achieve annual cost savings of more than $1 million. Metrus has partnered with Energy Industries Corporation for project installation and ongoing maintenance, and New Resource Bank as their debt financier. Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty (ESW) will backstop the project performance guarantee offered by Energy Industries to Metrus.
Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty (ESW) program is written through the International Insurance Company of Hannover.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- Practical Guide to Transforming Energy Data into Better Buildings
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards