Risk Manager Will Warrant Energy Retrofit
Energi, a provider of risk management and insurance programs for the energy industry, will provide a warranty for energy efficiency retrofits at the Kuakini Medical Center in Honolulu, Hawai’i. Metrus Energy, an efficiency services financer, will finance and implement $5.8 million in energy upgrades at the medical center, including a new central cooling and heating plant, lighting upgrades and energy management and controls system.
Acceptable risk is an obstacle to financing many efficiency projects. Metrus will fund initial costs to construct, maintain and monitor the energy-saving improvements through its Efficiency Services Agreement. Kuakini will pay Metrus for realized energy savings once the project becomes operational. Upon completion in September, Kuakini will achieve annual cost savings of more than $1 million. Metrus has partnered with Energy Industries Corporation for project installation and ongoing maintenance, and New Resource Bank as their debt financier. Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty (ESW) will backstop the project performance guarantee offered by Energy Industries to Metrus.
Energi’s Energy Savings Warranty (ESW) program is written through the International Insurance Company of Hannover.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- 2014 Environmental Leader Product and Project Awards
- Cox Enterprises Cuts Energy Costs Up to 10-15% in Certain Markets
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- The Value of Integrating Health, Safety and Environment Processes with Enterprise Asset Management
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management
- Energy Procurement in 2014: Products & Programs to Optimize Savings
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts