Rogers Arena Reduces Energy 14% with Building Optimization
Canucks Sports & Entertainment launched an automated Energy Optimization System (EOS) from Shift Energy at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada.
The EOS is able to fine-tune the entire facility from HVAC to chillers to lighting, optimizing the facility in real-time, while respecting the arena’s scheduling needs. The facility’s energy manager feeds the EOS with the building’s event needs, and the system takes care of the energy and space planning, continuously adjusting the equipment set points for optimal efficiency and performance.
EOS began as a pilot project in June 2013. After six months of development and another three months of engineering implementation, EOS is live at Rogers Arena, saving 14 percent of total energy in the arena, according to Shift
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Unlocking the Value of Energy & Operational Data
- Increase the Value of Demand Response Through Automation
- Best Practices in Electricity Procurement
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?