Rogers Arena Reduces Energy 14% with Building Optimization
Canucks Sports & Entertainment launched an automated Energy Optimization System (EOS) from Shift Energy at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada.
The EOS is able to fine-tune the entire facility from HVAC to chillers to lighting, optimizing the facility in real-time, while respecting the arena’s scheduling needs. The facility’s energy manager feeds the EOS with the building’s event needs, and the system takes care of the energy and space planning, continuously adjusting the equipment set points for optimal efficiency and performance.
EOS began as a pilot project in June 2013. After six months of development and another three months of engineering implementation, EOS is live at Rogers Arena, saving 14 percent of total energy in the arena, according to Shift
- Mobility from the Plant Floor to the Store Door: Improve Safety, Accuracy and Productivity
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- 2013-2014 Winter Polar Vortex
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Practical Insights into the Implementation of GHS Around the Globe
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- A Roadmap for Effective Process Safety Management
- Let's Do The Math for DR