Rogers Arena Reduces Energy 14% with Building Optimization
Canucks Sports & Entertainment launched an automated Energy Optimization System (EOS) from Shift Energy at Rogers Arena in Vancouver, Canada.
The EOS is able to fine-tune the entire facility from HVAC to chillers to lighting, optimizing the facility in real-time, while respecting the arena’s scheduling needs. The facility’s energy manager feeds the EOS with the building’s event needs, and the system takes care of the energy and space planning, continuously adjusting the equipment set points for optimal efficiency and performance.
EOS began as a pilot project in June 2013. After six months of development and another three months of engineering implementation, EOS is live at Rogers Arena, saving 14 percent of total energy in the arena, according to Shift
- How to Thrive in Today's EHS Landscape
- 2015 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- NAEM Research Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Combined Heat and Power
- Gartner Magic Quadrant
- Let's Do The Math for DR