Rooftop Solar on 22 UK Schools Generates 1.09 GWh per Year
Australia-based CBD Energy has secured the rights to develop 1.25 MW of rooftop solar installations at 22 schools located throughout the United Kingdom. The systems are designed to generate an annual output of about 1.09 GWh, representing expected revenues of $7.8 million over the lifetime of the installations.
The schools will consume all of the solar power generated, reducing their electricity bills by as much as 20 percent. With the money saved, each school will have spare funds available to invest in educational programs.
The installations are supported by a 25-year power purchase agreement (PPA) with the schools, and will be managed by Secured Energy Bonds (SEB), CBD’s wholly-owned UK subsidiary.
SEB raised more than $12 million through an over-subscribed retail ‘mini-bond’ that closed in December 2013; a portion of which is allocated to this project. In line with CBD’s corporate model, SEB will construct, own and operate these installations for their expected lifetime.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year