Rosedale Schools Save $55,000 Per Year
SunEdison struck a partnership with Rosedale Union School District in Bakersfield, Calif., to install, monitor and manage 1.8 MW of solar at the district’s nine schools. The solar energy and efficiency project is expected to save the district about $55,000 in year one and more than $2 million in energy costs over 20 years.
Solar shade canopies will be constructed in parking lots at the district’s schools. SunEdison will install, monitor and maintain the solar system at no additional expense to the district.
Nearly 5,000 SunEdison Silvantis modules will be installed as part of this project scheduled to begin this summer and be completed by the end of 2014. Once operational, the solar system will be managed by the SunEdison Renewable Operation Center.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Solar Request for Proposal (RFP) Guide