Royalpark Homes to Install Solar PV + Energy Storage System
Royalpark Homes will be the first home builder to install residential solar PV plus battery storage systems as part of new home construction in the Simcoe Shores community in Barrie, Ontario.
Panasonic’s Residential Energy Storage Solution captures solar energy in an energy storage solution that allows customers to choose their power source and manage their energy consumption in addition to providing an additional layer of energy security during power outages.
The solar PV system will be paired with a hybrid inverter and a compact 10-kWh capacity Panasonic Lithium-ion battery system. Customers can access a portion of the electricity generated to power the home or sell the excess back to the grid. The hybrid inverter that allows electricity to be stored from the grid or solar PV system.
Not only will the system will allow customers to lower their utility bills, it will serve as a back-up power system in the event of a grid shortage.
Customers can monitor their electricity usage patterns and set times for charge/discharge of the battery using a monitoring system and remote control device.
SolarCity unveiled GridLogic, a microgrid service that combines solar energy with battery storage earlier this year.
Photo via Shutterstock
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection
- There’s Money in the Trash