RTU Campaign Helps Reduce Energy Costs
The US Department of Energy, the Retail Industry Leaders Association and ASHRAE have partnered on the Advanced Rooftop Unit Campaign (ARC), a technology initiative designed to create awareness of energy issues through effective communication and to help building owners and property managers reduce energy consumption by upgrading their rooftop units (RTUs) with high-efficiency options. ARC encourages commercial building owners and operators to replace their old RTUs with more efficient units or to retrofit their RTUs with advanced controls in order to take advantage of energy savings benefits.
The Rooftop Unit Comparison Calculator (RTUCC) is one of the tools ARC provides. The web-based application assists decision-making regarding the purchase or replacement of packaged rooftop air conditioning equipment by estimating a product’s lifetime energy cost savings at various efficiency levels. The RTUCC accounts for local climate and partial-load as well as full-load efficiencies. The results obtained with the Comparison Calculator can help facility managers, financial officers, energy management professionals, air conditioning contractors and other decision makers maximize the energy-efficiency and cost-effectiveness of cooling system investments.
In addition to the RTU Comparison Calculator, ARC offers evaluation tools, a product finder, case studies, webinars and financing tools.
Trane joined ARC as a supporter last year.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles