Sacramento Powers Water Facilities With Solar
The City of Sacramento has completed two solar installations to power the city’s E.A. Fairbairn Water Treatment Plant on the American River and the Sacramento River Water Treatment Plant on the Sacramento River.
SolarCity financed, installed and will maintain the solar systems at no cost to the city, with the city paying less for the renewable power generated by the solar systems than the current utility rates. The two new systems will generate about 2.2 million kWh annually.
SolarCity custom designed the ground-mount panel installations for these two facilities by factoring in the water tank weight constraints.
City officials can track the two installations’ energy production and consumption with SolarCity’s PowerGuide monitoring service, which is fully integrated with the city’s own centralized monitoring system.
The two water treatment plants’ solar systems, totaling 1.5 MW, boost the City of Sacramento’s total solar capacity by 80 percent. SolarCity previously installed solar power at four other municipal sites: the City Hall, the Police Department, the Meadowview Service Center and the South Corporation Yard.
- Existing Building Technologies Combine for Increased Savings
- Top 3 Reasons to Calculate Your Environmental Footprint
- Sustainability Careers: Unlocking Hidden Employment Potential
- How to Use Lean Tools to Cash In On Environmental and Energy Savings
- Six Essential Steps to Drive Effective Energy Management
- Sustainability Reporting for Commercial Real Estate: GRESB
- Integrated Building Optimization
- Integrating sustainability into your ERM framework
- The Guru’s Guide: Implementing Environmental ERP Systems
- Improve Your Company's Environment and Energy Performance
- Cut Costs and Improve Facility Operations with Energy Data
- Energy Procurement Strategies for Winter 2014 and 2015
- Energy Efficiency Requires Engineering Efficiency
- Integrated Building Optimization: A Crucial Convergence of Demand-side and Supply-Side Energy Management Strategies
- Driving Productivity and Profit with Industrial Energy Management