Salt Lake City Building Installs 750 ‘Intelligent’ Power Ports
The City of Salt Lake will use Enmetric Systems’ intelligent plug load management to help monitor, control and manage plug-load devices in the city’s new Public Safety Building, a $125 million, 175,480-sq-foot LEED Platinum project that will house the Salt Lake City police and fire departments.
The installation includes 750 of Enmetric’s PowerPorts, representing 3,000 “intelligent” outlets.
Enmetric provides Internet-of-Things solutions for commercial environments. The company’s core application is its plug load management, built on a cloud-based data analytics platform, which provides real-time energy use data, automated control, measurement, and communication for individual electrical plug loads across the enterprise. The technology, which has been issued three US patents, is integrated directly into common electrical interfaces, such as power strips, outlets, circuit breakers and light switches.
- What You Need to Know About Demand Charges
- Choosing the Right LED Product for Industrial Lighting Applications
- NAEM Trends Report: Planning for a Sustainable Future
- Alarms Management: The Future is Now
- How to Automate the Collection & Delivery of Utility Billing Data
- How "Fixed" is the Fixed Price Product?
- 2014 Energy and Sustainability Predictions: Findings from Leading Professionals
- EHS Managers: The Evolution from Necessary Evil to Vital Leaders
- The Impact of a Changing Workforce on Facilities Management
- Optimizing Asset and Service Management in the Manufacturing Industry
- BUYING STRATEGIES IN A VOLATILE MARKET: What Businesses Need to Know about Retail Electricity Procurement
- Smart Building Technology: The Key to Comprehensive Building Performance
- What Energy Managers Need to know about Procuring Natural Gas: Guidance for 2014 Natural Gas Contracts
- Energy Optimization from the Boiler Room to the Board Room
- Your Roadmap for Energy Management: First Stop – Myths & Realities of Energy Purchasing