Salt Lake City Building Installs 750 ‘Intelligent’ Power Ports
The City of Salt Lake will use Enmetric Systems’ intelligent plug load management to help monitor, control and manage plug-load devices in the city’s new Public Safety Building, a $125 million, 175,480-sq-foot LEED Platinum project that will house the Salt Lake City police and fire departments.
The installation includes 750 of Enmetric’s PowerPorts, representing 3,000 “intelligent” outlets.
Enmetric provides Internet-of-Things solutions for commercial environments. The company’s core application is its plug load management, built on a cloud-based data analytics platform, which provides real-time energy use data, automated control, measurement, and communication for individual electrical plug loads across the enterprise. The technology, which has been issued three US patents, is integrated directly into common electrical interfaces, such as power strips, outlets, circuit breakers and light switches.
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection