Salt Lake City Building Installs 750 ‘Intelligent’ Power Ports
The City of Salt Lake will use Enmetric Systems’ intelligent plug load management to help monitor, control and manage plug-load devices in the city’s new Public Safety Building, a $125 million, 175,480-sq-foot LEED Platinum project that will house the Salt Lake City police and fire departments.
The installation includes 750 of Enmetric’s PowerPorts, representing 3,000 “intelligent” outlets.
Enmetric provides Internet-of-Things solutions for commercial environments. The company’s core application is its plug load management, built on a cloud-based data analytics platform, which provides real-time energy use data, automated control, measurement, and communication for individual electrical plug loads across the enterprise. The technology, which has been issued three US patents, is integrated directly into common electrical interfaces, such as power strips, outlets, circuit breakers and light switches.
- Smart Companies Utilize Integrated Energy Solutions
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- Choosing the Correct Emission Control Technology
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Planning for a Sustainable Future
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions - Findings from Leading Professionals
- NAEM 2015 EHS and Sustainability Software Buyers Guide