Behind the Meter Podcast: How the Energy Cloud is Changing Business
The emerging energy cloud is an exciting re-imaging of the traditional power distribution landscape. Instead of electricity going in one direction – from the utility to the end-user – the energy cloud is a fabric in which electricity goes where it is needed.
The value of this flexibility is heightened by two other new capabilities. Customers can generate energy – via solar panels, windmills and other methods — and sell what they don’t use. They also now can store the energy until it is needed elsewhere.
Navigant Research Research Director Noah Goldstein spent some time recently chatting about the energy cloud with Carl Weinschenk, the Editor of Energy Manager Today.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- Operationalizing EHS Management: Bridge the Gap from Strategy to Execution
- 2016 Energy and Sustainability Predictions Findings from Facilities Professionals
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Advanced Rooftop-Unit Control (ARC) Retrofits: Field Demonstrations Validate Energy Savings
- Four Key Questions to Ask Before Your Next Energy Purchase
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The New Energy Future - Challenges and Opportunities in Corporate Energy Management
- Top 10 Steps for a Successful EMIS Project
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Strategies for a Successful EHS&S Software Selection