Behind the Meter Podcast: How the Energy Cloud is Changing Business
The emerging energy cloud is an exciting re-imaging of the traditional power distribution landscape. Instead of electricity going in one direction – from the utility to the end-user – the energy cloud is a fabric in which electricity goes where it is needed.
The value of this flexibility is heightened by two other new capabilities. Customers can generate energy – via solar panels, windmills and other methods — and sell what they don’t use. They also now can store the energy until it is needed elsewhere.
Navigant Research Research Director Noah Goldstein spent some time recently chatting about the energy cloud with Carl Weinschenk, the Editor of Energy Manager Today.
Music: “The Past is Obdurate” by Matt Panayides
- 2015 Insider Knowledge
- 2016 Environmental Leader Product & Project Awards
- The Corporate Sustainability Professional's Guide to Better Data Management
- Improve Occupant Comfort & Reduce Energy Costs Through Humidity Control
- eBook: Five Key Considerations for Integrating Renewables into Your Procurement Strategy
- How the IoT is Reshaping Building Automation
- Combined Heat and Power
- The Missing Puzzle Piece: Automated Utility Data Aggregation
- Energy Manager Today Awards Top Products and Top Projects of the Year
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles