Samsung, LG Computer Monitors Win Energy Efficiency Honors
The Super-efficient Equipment and Appliance Deployment (SEAD) Initiative, an international collaboration of 16 member economies and an initiative under the Clean Energy Ministerial, announced the winners of its 2013 Global Efficiency Medal competition for the world’s most energy-efficient computer monitors.
Computer monitors can account for up to 35 percent of a desktop computer’s energy consumption. These award-winning models are 12-53 percent more efficient than other commercially available computer monitors, says SEAD:
- The LG 16EN33SA received the SEAD Global Efficiency Medal in the small-size category with 53 percent greater efficiency than conventional models (15 inches to less than 20 inches). This monitor can be purchased in India.
- The Samsung S22C200B received the SEAD Global Efficiency Medal in the medium-size category with 28 percent greater efficiency than conventional models (20 inches to less than 23 inches). This monitor can be purchased in Europe and North America.
- The Samsung S27C450B received the SEAD Global Efficiency Medal in the large-size category with 43 percent greater efficiency than conventional models (23 inches and larger). This monitor can be purchased in Australia, Europe, and North America.
- A Samsung 23.6-inch LED backlit prototype computer monitor (product number S24XXXX) won the SEAD Global Efficiency Medal in the emerging technology category. This monitor is 53 percent more efficient than comparable displays available on the market today. It will be commercially available worldwide within the next two years.
This is the second SEAD Global Efficiency Medal competition. The first competition recognized the world’s most energy-efficient flat-screen televisions.
- The World Resources Institute Scope 2 Guidance: A Verifier’s Perspective
- There’s Money in the Trash
- Addressing Regulatory Trends with UVC LED-based Sensors
- Just the Facts: 8 Popular Misconceptions about LEDs & Controls
- Get Smarter About Your Energy Procurement Data Book
- Building Energy Benchmarking & Transparency Laws
- Shifting the Focus from End-of-Life Recycling to Continuous Product Lifecycles
- 6 for 2016: Global Energy Market Trends
- 10 Tactics of Successful Energy Managers
- Beyond Compliance: Applying a Risk Lens to Your EHS Practice